What QUIP is:
Begun informally in 1983 by a small group of Quaker publishers and booksellers,
Quakers Uniting in Publications
is now an international network of over 50 Friends organizations and
individuals concerned with the ministry of the written word.
Members work together to achieve common goals:
List of member institutions
- accessible centers for the distribution of Quaker publications
- a computerized on-line data base of all Quaker publications currently available
- cooperative publishing to provide needed, good publications at lower prices. For example,
George Fox's Book of Miracles , and the Forthcoming (August 2005) Whispers of Faith by Young Friends.
Download Flyer (pdf) ----
See excerpts here
- forum for the exchange of editorial concerns
- education of members in the conduct of sound and ethical business
- Tacey Sowle Fund to assist in the production and distribution of
Quaker publications, especially in the third world
- increased awareness of Quaker publications in the broader religious book market
- annual meetings for education, business and encouragement of faith in worship
including email and Web addresses where available
Quaker Texts Mailing List
Send information on new titles to the Promotions Clerk.