Pacific Yearly Meeting Committee
on Unity with Nature
- Electronic Communications -
The "quakernature" web site was started in Sept, 2000. There
are typically 10 visits per week to "quakernature", most often
by means of a link posted on <www.quaker.org>.
New material should be posted at least quarterly to best serve its purpose.
Since Oct, 1999, PYM-CUN has had an e-mail distribution list also named
'QuakerNature'. We hope that this list will provide opportunities for communication
and collective authorship during the gaps between times when we can physically
Membership in the 'QuakerNature' list is presently about 60.
Only list members are able to post messages. We want to include:
- present & past members of PYM Committee on Unity with Nature
- one or 2 correspondents in each PYM Monthly Meeting & Worship Group
- individual Quakers who want to participate in the Committee's work
- a few organizations that share the Committee's concerns, such as:
- PYM Ministry & Oversight Committee
- Friends Committee on Unity with Nature
- New England Yearly Meeting Friends in Unity with Nature
- EarthLight magazine (a publication stemming from PYM-CUN)
Content of communications on 'QuakerNature' is expected to comprise:
- Efforts to deepen our understanding of the spiritual ground of environmental
consciousness - what do we mean by "Unity with Nature"?
- Exploration of changes in the culture of inhabitants (ourselves) of
the [over]developed world that would ameliorate the ecological damage we
- Support for "EarthLight" magazine and its incorporation of
multiple points of view on spirit-led ecological awareness,
- Communications to and from correspondents in monthly meetings,
- Joint preparation of letters for circulation within and outside PYM,
and documents and schedules for use at PYM-CUN sponsored events.
To subscribe the account you are sending the message from to QuakerNature,
send the following in the body of an email message to email@example.com:
If you wish to subscribe another address instead, use the command:
subscribe QuakerNature other-address@your_site.your_net
(Subject heading lines are ignored.)
-E.S., May 16, 2001
Return to home page