Throughout most of human history, male parentage has not been clear except through isolation and sexual control
of women. In order to achieve paternal certainty, the oppression of women has deepened to the detriment of all
involved, whether as victims or enforcers of patriarchal control.
The tensions which arise in the isolated nuclear family have contributed to pervasive domestic and street violence
on the part of males. In the United States, 95% of prison inmates are male.
Globally, male children are being raised in such a way that male violence is endemic. Motherhood is rarely honored
or fully supported. In the West, fewer women are willing to remain isolated in a nuclear family in order to raise
The major portion of our global resources have been used to play the deadly games of war, rocketry, and spying,
reflecting male priorities when we could be building benevolent economic support systems for all members of society.
- The resources now used for destructive purposes will be re-allocated so that the needs of mothers and their
children will be met.
- Mindful of the carrying capacities of Mother Earth, parents who choose to have up to two children will not
want for food, clothing and shelter while they raise their children.
- Mothers who are primary care givers will be free from social anxiety, feeling always safe from male engendered
physical and economic violence, and thus be able to focus full love and attention on their offspring.
- Able to choose whether to live alone, with a spouse, in a cluster with extended family or any other community
of her choosing, housing will be provided for whichever combination any mother finds most supportive to herself
and her children. Fathers who choose to raise children will receive equal consideration.
- Those who choose not to have children or whose children are older, or have left home, will find a productive
occupation suited to their gifts. They will then be able to contribute in a manner of their choice to the support
of mothers and children.
- Female and male children will expect equity.
- Children will no longer be traumatized with emotional deprivation or physical abuse, sexual or otherwise. They
will not be socialized to mold them into stereotypically submissive women or emotionally cold men.
Religion || Family || Health Care || Education
Return to Women's Goals and Programs