What is worship like?
How do Quakers make decisions?
Quaker beliefs in action
Where to recycle in our area
|Broadmead Meeting holds a weekend retreat in the fall.|
|Oct. 11-13, 2019|
|Theme||"Listening in Tongues" as a Way of Welcoming Diversity in our Beloved Community|
|Location||St. Francis Spirituality Center|
The Spirituality Center is on the grounds of the St. Francis Convent and complex at 200 St. Francis Avenue in the southern end of Tiffin, Ohio 44883 (see maps below).
The pleasant facility is fully handicap accessible. Meals will be provided by the professional kitchen; coffee, juices, cookies, and fruit are available all the time. Rooms have either a single bed or a double bed; all linens and towels are provided. There are extensive grounds with a small working farm, the Earth Literacy Center, a straw bale house, other buildings, and paths through woods. Children are welcome to sleep on the floor in a parent's room. |
From the north (Toledo and Bowling Green): take your best route to OH-53 north of Tiffin. |
1. Drive south on OH-53 (N Sandusky St. in Tiffin)
2. In Tiffin, bear left onto OH-100 / N Washington St (Speedway on the corner)
3. At the south end of downtown, bear left onto OH-100 / Melmore St. Go 1.0 miles.
4. Turn right onto St Francis Ave. Go 0.1 mile.
5. Take the first driveway on the left into the St. Francis complex. ** The Spirituality Center is the first building on the right. There is some parking right there, and more if you turn right at the end of the building.
6. If you reach the main entrance to St. Francis with all the signs, you can take that. The Spirituality Center will be the first building on your left. Turn left at the end of the building for parking.
7. If you reach Beach St, you've gone too far.
From the south (Bluffton area): Take your best route to OH-224 south of Tiffin.
1. At the intersection with Rt. 18, turn right to remain on 224.
2. Go through intersections with 53 and 19.
3. Take the next left onto OH-231 / S Washington St. Go 0.8 miles.
4. Turn right onto St Francis Ave. Go 0.4 miles.
5. Go past Beach St. and the main entrance to the St. Francis complex (with all the signs). Take the next right onto the grounds. Follow directions above from **
6. If you reach Melmore St. (Rt. 100), you've gone too far.
|Map of St. Francis Spirituality Center in Tiffin|
|St. Francis Complex|
2011 Retreat at the Franciscan Spirituality Center in Tiffin
2010 Retreat at Lourdes
2005 Retreat at Girl Scout Camp in Lima|
Diane and Sarka
Jim & Tom
Diane, Gabriel, & Mary
|Return to top|