Navigating this web site: Entries are not in alphabetical order but instead age order. New entries are added to the bottom of each section. Use the search function of your browser to locate entries.
Explore Friends Journal, the magazine dedicated to communicating Quaker experience in order to connect and deepen spiritual lives.
Watch short videos about Friends at QuakerSpeak.
- Introductory Items
- Quaker Organizations
- Quaker Meetings
- Quaker Nursing/Retirement Homes
- Quaker Meetinghouses
- Writings of Historical Friends
- Writings of (or about) Contemporaneous Friends
- Quaker History
- Quaker Genealogy
- Links to other sites
- Young Friends
- Quakers from A to Z (but not X)
- Quaker-run businesses
- Curious? Want to attend a Quaker meeting?
- Ted Hoare’s introductory pamphlet on the RSOF
- Joel Gazis-Sax’s book list.
- Dan Schlitt’s Bibliography of vocal ministry
- Ed Dommen’s Glossaire Quaker Glossary (French and English)
- Descriptions of Religions and Ethical Systems, of the Quaker flavor
- How a Quaker Meeting for Business works.
- Videos of Quakers speaking from their experience.
- Quaker blogs may be found at QuakerQuaker.
Categories of organizations
The big three umbrella organizations
- Friends World Committee for Consultation
- Quaker Retreat Centers
- Pendle Hill
- Ben Lomond Quaker Center
- Powell House, the NYYM retreat center.
- Woolman Hill, a Quaker retreat center.
- Woodbrooke, a Quaker Study and retreat center in Birmingham, England.
- Glenthorne Quaker Guest House and Conference Centre, Grasmere, England
- Michigan Friends Center
- Woolman – Sierra Friends Center (goes by both names) (blog)
- Swarthmoor Hall.
- The Conference Center at Quaker Hill, Richmond, IN.
- Centre Quaker Congénies
- Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Friends Committee on Legislation of California
- Quaker Universalist Fellowship
- Quaker Universalist Group (UK)
- Friends for a Non-Violent World
- Friends Service Committees
- Friends for Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns – formerly FLGC
- Quaker House of Fayetteville NC
- Friends Council on Education
- Friends Committee to Abolish the Death Penalty (no longer active)
- Friendly FolkDancers
- William Penn House
- Jeanes Hospital – a Quaker Acute Care Hospital in Philadelphia.
- Casa de los Amigos in Mexico City.
- Friends Association of Higher Education
- Barclay Press
- Friends Conference on Religion and Psychology
- Western Friend (formerly Friends Bulletin)
- Quaker Information Center
- Quaker Lesbian Conference
- Friends Peace Teams
- Fellowship of Quakers in the Arts
- Si a la Vida – a four-year old
project to rescue and rehabilitate glue-sniffing street-kids in
- Friends Committee on Washington State Public Policy
- Quaker Experiential Service and Training, Seattle
- QUIP is Quakers Uniting In Publishing, a
consortium of Quaker Publishers.
- Northern Friends Peace Board, UK
- Quaker United Nations Offices
- Quaker Council for European Affairs
- Clarence and Lilly Pickett Fund for Quaker Leadership
- The Tract Association of Friends
- Friends House Moscow (US supporters)
- Beacon Hill Friends House
- The Dallas Peace Center
- Quaker Social Witness Committee of the Central & Southern Africa Yearly Meeting
- QUEST: Quaker Ecumenical Seminars in Theology
- Right Sharing of World Resources
- Evangelical Friends Mission
- The Coalition for Hispanic Ministries
- Quakerdale, a family service organization in IA.
- Women’s Goals 2000
- Friends Fiduciary Corporation
- Friends Committee on Scouting
- Friends Services for the Aging
- Quaker Theological Discussion Group
- Friends Center of Ohio Yearly Meeting
- Quaker G.O.P., Guerilla Outreach Project
- North Carolina Friends Historical Society
- School of the Spirit Ministry
- Quaker Bolivia Link
- Friends Afghan Concern
- Project Lakota
- World Gathering of Young Friends, Lancaster University, August 2005
- Nontheist Friends
- White’s Residential and Family Services, Inc., a Quaker child care agency of Indiana Yearly Meeting.
- Arlington Friends House, a cooperative near Boston
- ProNica supplies funds, equipment and information to established community organizations in Nicaragua.
- Quaker Initiative to End Torture
- Northern Spirit Radio
- Southern Appalachian Young Friends
- Friends Center home of AFSC, PYM, CPMM, and others.
- Quaker Esperanto Society
- Palo Alto Friends Meeting El Salvador Projects
- Bolivian Quaker Education Fund
- Quaker Voluntary Service
- Quaker Intentional Village–Canaan (NY)
Friends and Nature
- Friends Energy Project
- Quaker Earthcare Witness
- PYM Committee in Unity with Nature
Quaker Nursing/Retirement Homes
Note that Friends Services for the Aging has their own list.
- Friends Fellowship CommunityContinuing Care Retirement Community, Richmond, IN
- Friends House of Santa Rosa, California
- Friends House Retirement Community, of Sandy Spring, Maryland
- Foulkeways at Gwynedd, Pennsylvania
- Medford Leas, New Jersey
- Pennswood Village, Pennsylvania
- Foxdale Village, State College, PA
- Kendal Communities, multiple locations.
- The Hickman, West Chester, PA
- Friendsview Retirement Community, Newberg, OR
- Friends Home and Friends Village, Bucks Quarterly Meeting, PA
- Quaker Heights Care Community, Waynesville Meeting, IN
- Quaker Gardens Senior Living, Stanton, CA
- Walton Retirement Home, Barnesville, Ohio
Historical Quaker Meetinghouses
Some of these are still active meetinghouses; some not. All are much, much older than the Internet.
- Burlington (NJ) Meeting House
- Philadelphia Free Quaker Meeting House
- Plainfield, NJ Meeting House and its cemetary map
- The Friends’ Meeting House on Quaker Hill, Uxbridge Township
- Brierfield, near Pendle Hill, England
- Radnor, PA Meeting House
- Great Friends Meeting House, Newport, RI
- Merion Meeting, Merion Station, PA
- Birmingham Meeting, Birmingham, PA
- Old Kennett Meeting, Kennett, PA
- Maison Quaker, Congenies France
- Wooldale Meeting House, near Holmfirth, UK
- 1758 Randolph Friends Meeting House, Randolph, NJ
- Flushing Quaker Meeting House, Flushing, NY
- Centre Quaker Meetinghouse, Hopewell Centre, VA
- Winchmore Hill Meeting House
- Orange Grove Friends Meeting House, Pasadena, CA
- Miami Monthly Meeting’s White Brick Meetinghouse.
Writings of Historical Friends
- Autobiography of George Fox
- Journal of John Woolman
- Another Journal of John Woolman
- George Keith. New-England’s spirit of persecution. [New York], 1693.
- Travels in Virginia and North Carolina. George Fox. 1672.
- Lucretia Mott
- William Penn — America’s First Great Champion for Liberty and Peace
- Pirates of Penn’s-ance
- The Richmond Declaration
- Alice Stokes Paul
- Rev Thomas Beals, first Friends minister in Ohio
- Susan B. Anthony
- Thomas S. Clarkson, Abolitionist, author of A Portraiture of Quakerism.
- Wordsworth and the Problem of Action: The White Doe of Rylstone — also contains a reference to the above Thomas Clarkson’s book A Portraiture of Quakerism.
- Larry Kuenning’s collection of historical Quaker e-Texts
- The Quaker Writings Home Page, Peter Sippel, editor.
Fell’s essay “Women’s Speaking Justified, Proved, and Allowed of
by the Scriptures, All such as speak by the Spirit and Power of the
Lord Jesus. And how Women were the first that Preached the Tidings of
the Resurrection of Jesus, and were sent by Christ’s own Command,
before he Ascended to the Father, John 20. 17” (written about 1666 or
- The Memoirs of Sunderland P. Gardner
- U of Mich Quaker Collection
- Herstory — interesting little stub of a page
- Quakers and the Arts Historical Sourcebook
- The Record of a Quaker Conscience: Cyrus Pringle’s Diary — A Vermont Quaker in the Civil War.
- Voltaire and the Quakers — about, not by.
- The New Foundation Fellowship (UK), proclaiming the Christian Quaker message.
- James Nayler’s Spiritual Writings
- Earlham School of Religion has scanned many texts which are free of copyright restrictions and made them available online in their Digital Quaker Collection.
- LeavesofGrass is devoted to the Quaker testimony in Walt Whitman’s life and poetry.
- Records and library at Pickering College
- The Flushing Remonstrance, a 350th Anniversary of a step towards religious freedom for Quakers and all in America.
Free books by Elton Trueblood available
“We have been blessed with a number of his books that are out of print
– they are free for the asking – but donations for shipping would be
greatly appreciated.” Contact Sue Kern – Center for Quaker Thought and
Practice, Earlham Drawer 104 Richmond, IN 47374 or
- The Essence of Spiritual Religion
- The Encourager
- A Place to Stand
- Basic Christianity
- The Future of the Christian
- Your Other Vocation
- A Philosopher’s Way
Writings of (or about) Contemporaneous Friends
- Explore Friends Journal, the magazine dedicated to communicating Quaker experience in order to connect and deepen spiritual lives.
- Chuck Fager’s Bit of Quaker Bible Study
- One Quaker’s approach to the Bible
- Glenside Friends Meeting’s paper on disownment
- The Declaration of Life — an anti-death-penalty request
- Chuck Fager’s position paper against the Richmond Declaration.
- Peter Sippel’s “Quaker Bible Study of Jonah”
- Hans Weening’s Meeting the Spirit: An introduction to Quaker beliefs and practices
- Bibliography for Christology and the historical Jesus
- Davide Melodia’s Il Signore del Silenzio / The Lord of Silence
- Chuck Fager’s missive on why liberal Quakers are authentic Quakers.
- Movies on Peace and War Issues Recommended by Quakers
- “Without Apology” — Larry Ingle reviews Chuck Fager’s new Book
- Thou and You — an article by Alan Firth on the demise of thee/thou in the English language
- NYYM Renewal Report
- A list of Quaker periodicals
- Quaker Electronic Archive
- Jim Flory’s Contemplative Quakerism page
- Tom Cunliffe’s Journey of Life
- Advertising blurb for R. Charles Stevens’s Letters from Viet Nam – the author’s experience in Viet Nam during 1962-4 serving as concientious objector.
- Quaker Science Fiction
- Merle Harton publishes The New Quaker
- Herb Lape wrote a case study describing how NYYM has dealt with minutes on sexuality.
- Eden Grace has a paper explaining Quaker decision-making practice and its theological presuppositions.
- Bill Samuel maintains a Quaker Information site.
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Geraldine Glodek’s Friends and Fragrances
- The AFSC’s seminal pamphlet, Speak Truth to Power, now available from the AFSC.
- Quaker humor, some in Danish.
- The Quaker Economist — economics with a Quaker twist.
- Quaker and Ecumenical Essays by Eden Grace
- A Gay Quaker Timeline, 1820s-1950s
- Thoughtful, compassionate, and generous: American Heroes of the Asian Prodigal
- Confronting the Powers that Be: A Study Guide by Vern Rossman
- A World of Love and How to Get There
- A Short History of Conservative Friends
- Quaker Pamphlets
- Letters from Viet Nam, a book by Charles Stevens.
- A Statement from Leaders of Friends Organizations in the U.S.
- A Quaker in the Military — Reflections of a Pacifist among the Warriors
- Quakers in the News — a blog format summary of news that mentions Quakers
- Tony Junker’s historical sea novel with Quaker themes.
- Philadelphia Reflections – William Penn’s Quaker Colonies
- Hall V. Worthington’s interpretation of Fox’s Journal
- Quakers and slavery in New England
- The Generous Qur’an, by Michael Sells.
- Reducing Poverty, Building Peace, by Coralie Bryant and Christina Kappaz.
- “What I believe and Why!” by Earl J Prignitz
- Vickie’s father’s letters home from CPS camp, plus her thoughts
- Quakers in Old Wilmington, by Susan Taylor Block
- Salon for the Soul by Cathy Barney.
- Quaker Artists by Gary Sandman.
- Anti-war — antiwar news.
- Western Peacemakers
- Ann Arbor Friends Peace Committee
- Landmine Action
- Future of Freedom Foundation
- Peaceful Tomorrows
- the Peace Tax Fund — put your taxes to peaceful purposes.
- The Center on Conscience & War
- Beyond War
- Nonviolent Peace Force
- Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Preparing for Peace is a project run by Westmorland Quakers.
- Peace Rider — On Horseback For Peace
- The Peace Party — does your EU representative stand for peace?
- Pacifist Party of America
- From Warriors to Resisters
- Friends Peace Center, San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Chuck Fager’s Landmarks and Heroes of Liberal Quaker History
Murray-Rust’s booklet about Quaker history and practice.
- Anglicans, Puritans, and Quakers in
- The Quaker Religion (in re architecture)
- Quakers [Society of Friends] in Illinois
- Frontier Press – Quaker Ancestry
- Quaker Dates – 1st month used to be March!
- Sharon Temple — Sharon, Ontario, Canada
- List of Some Quaker Monthly Meetings (historical)
- Woodbridge & Vicinity – a History of New Jersey Quakers from 1686 to 1788
- Street Corner Society — Levellers, Diggers, early Quakers, and others
- History of the Friends Meeting at Lobo
Township, Middlesex County, Ontario, Canada.
- Allen Smith‘s recent Quaker History article.
- Friends Historical Association
- Story of Mary Dyer, martyr for religious freedom
- Biography of William Penn
- The Iron Bridge, a novel about eighteenth-century Quaker ironmasters.
- Pendle, England, birthplace of the Religious Society of Friends.
- A Brief History of Quakerism in Japan
- Ham Sok Hon – weighty Korean Quaker
- The Quaker Tapestry
is made in a form known as a narrative crewel embroidery. As with the
famous Bayeux Tapestry it is a hanging which tells a story – the story
of the Quaker movement over nearly 350 years.
- Wyck, a historic house, home to nine
generations of the same Quaker family.
- Several maps of Early Quakers in England and Wales
- Yorkshire (UK) Quaker Heritage Project
- A Western Quaker Reader
- Friends in Korea, written in 1969
- Flushing: From Quakers to Asians: Welcome
- A dramatic troupe of players whose repertoire includes The Sword Of Peace, a tribute to the RSoF.
- Some African-American members of the RSoF
- Kouroo Quaker History, has many pages put online by Austin Meredith.
- Bent on Having Their Own Way: Three Women Journalists of the Civil War
- Fair Hill Burial Ground in Philadelphia.
- Swarthmoor Hall.
- Monthly Meetings in North America: A Quaker Index.
- Quaker Chronicle, documenting the history of the Society of Friends.
Links to other sites
- A Peace Antiwar Homepage
- soc.religion.quaker FAQ
- Sea of Faith Network
- Canadian Council of Churches, of which Canadian Yearly Meeting is a member.
- Some pages on Peace Pilgrim, maintained by a pair of Quakers.
- The Mennonites, another historic peace church.
- An atheist’s struggle for Conscientious Objector status
- Consensual Decision-Making
- a minute on Living in Unity with Nature approved by Acadia Friends Meeting in Bar Harbor, Maine
- The Arms Sales Monitoring Project, which works for restraint in the global production and trade of weapons.
- Positive Church Online, Santa Fe, NM
- Norbert’s Bookmarks For a Better World
- Christian Quakers in Australia and the Asian Region
- Yahoo directory listing for Friends
- Peace Church Bible Study
- A Quaker Cantata
- Phila. Young Adult Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Young Friends
- NYYM Powell House Young Friends
- Young Friends General Meeting, Britain
- Northwest Yearly Meeting Young Adult Friends
- Baltimore YM Young Adult Friends
- Young Adult Friends Email Contacts Worldwide
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting Young Friends
- [mailto:] Baltimore Yearly Meeting
Young Friend Discussion List – to subscribe write with message
subscribe bym-yf in the body.
- Australian Young Friends
- Quaker Service Opportunities
- NC Yearly Meeting Young Friends
- FCNL’s Young Adult Friends
- European and Middle East Young Friends
- The Quaker Peace Fair, in Buckingham, PA.
- Quaker Storytellers, told by Tom and Sandy Farley.
- Positions available for Friends, attenders, and/or people with a Quaker education.
- Crynwr Software
- Support Engineering
- Harmonic Functions,
Inc. Digital Audio Software
- Desert Dragon
SOHO Solutions Small Office Computer Solutions
- Friendly Systems, a
business software developer and reseller.
- Dan Cooperstock’s DONATION, an inexpensive software program for churches and charities to track donors and donations and issue receipts.
- 2-Minute-Website.com, web design for small businesses and organisations.
- Educational Simulations.
- AngelFish Media, UK based web designers, IT support and security
- Some Creative Guys
- David Chandler, websites.
- Sane Planet Web Design.
- Arthur Fink Consulting, User interfaces, database design, whole systems
- David Woolley, Thinkofit.com, Web
conferencing and online community consultant
- Ecotypes, websites and graphics.
- Vonn New Technology, specializing in Drupal websites.
- CAPFLEX Networking Web Hosting, Web Design,
Photography, Technical Support, Computer sales and service, Secure Cloud
- Posti Communications
- Pam Rider copyediting, indexing, writing.
- Rathmann-Fronberry LLC
- Ron Cooper, Publicity Guy P.R. consultant/writing and editing.
Foster – Shiatsu / Acupressure
- [mailto:] Mary Grimes is a Gestalt
Psychotherapist with a private practice in Manhattan.
- Marcia V. Ormsby, M.D. — physician, plastic surgeon.
- Dr. Tanya R. English — chiropractor.
- Robbin Phelps — certified massage therapist in Washington, D.C.
- Beacon Health Care Associates — Asheville, NC
- The Davis Pain Clinic — Davis, CA
- The Healing Way — London, UK
- Barbara M. Simmonds — Post-Trauma Healing & Reiki
- Lynn Patricia — Massage Geek
- Delta Environmental Consulting
- Max Hansen,
leadership development and innovation management
- Full Circle Group, mediation services.
- Vickey Kaiser, Professional Organizer.
- Community Well, Research and Evaluation, Inc.
- Van Temple, Management and Organizational Development.
- JSpear, environmental engineering.
- Kingsbury International Ltd., economic and business consulting
- GRE Consulting (Samuel Mahaffy), Process facilitation for community and faith-based organizations.
- Uncle Neil (Neil Fullagar), nanny / childcare / teacher / early interventionist.
- Insight and Clarity — Creativity & Business coaching (“clarifying”), help with listening
- Chloe Schwenke — works on international human rights,
gender equality, LGBTI issues, and development ethics.
Performing and Visual Artists and Musicians
- John McCutcheon,
Hammer Dulcimer Musician
- Aaron Fowler: Interactive programs (having nothing to do with compute
for teachers, parents and students.
- Aaron Fowler & Laura Dungan, music that
leads the listener to be attentive and appreciative of one’s place in the
world, examine matters of the heart and conscience, and lend courage to take
next steps on the journey.
- Carrie Newcomer,
- [mailto:] Piano Classic Restorations…by Terry Farrell, offering complete rebuilding of fine grand pianos.
- Bill Harley, singer/storyteller.
- Women’s History ALIVE! One
woman plays by Sandra Hansen on famous women in American history.
- Sara & Kamila (Singer-Songwriters)
- Bonnie Raitt, singer, songwriter, activist.
- Quaker Wedding
Certificates by Jennifer Snow Wolff, Calligrapher
- Wynne Llewellyn, calligrapher, specializing in Marriage Certificates and Naming documents
Walker – documentary filmmaker, singer, musician &
- Kat Burke – singer, songwriter, performer.
- Melanie Weidner – artist.
- Arthur Davenport has a CD out.
- Joyce Rouse, aka EarthMama.
- Spontaneous Combustion Storytellers – Tom & Sandy Farley – performances, workshops, CD
- Dan Gilliam
- Arthur Fink Photography: people, places, objects, events
- Adrian Martinez
- Quaker Wedding
Certificates, by Sally Sanders-Garrett
- Annie and Peter Blood-Patterson – of Rise up Singing fame.
- Benjamin Lloyd – artist.
- Mark Holdaway
- Bull and Mouth Records – A coalition of young musicians (Friends and friends)
started in 2006 by Quaker musician Jon Watts at Pendle Hill
- Saundra Sturdevant Photography
- Alfred Muma, Among Friends Studio
- Caroline Jariwala, Visual artist
- Philip Gulley, Author
- Sundog, featuring Dan Caldwell.
- Vonn New, electro-acoustic ambient music that arises
- Jon Watts.
- Homegrown String Band, a postmodern neo-traditional old time (Quaker) family string band
- Bonni McKeown
- Roger Vincent Jasaitis, artist.
- Sahara Jane, Singer-songwriter from Nova Scotia
with a diverse range of musical influences.
Publishers & Bookstores
- Pittenbruach Press
- Kimo Press
- Boundless Books
- David Chandler Company designs and markets astronomy-related educational materials and software.
- Canmore Press
- Friendly Spirit Cards
- interFriend Publisherthe “wit, wisdom, and religious experience” of Quakers in Ireland.
- Blot Publishing does publishing on paper and on the web.
- Bob Jolly has self-published his book about hiking and biking trails in the Bay Area, Leave Your Car At Home.
- Good Read Press
- Shoes and Ships and Sealing Wax Ltd
- Intentional Productions
- The Capital Citizen Newspaper, Washington D.C.’s advocate for political freedom, speaking truth to power, holding the people of Washington in the light.
- Camp Katahdin – run by Douglas W. Crate Sr.
- Friends Camp, a Quaker summer camp for youth.
- Friends Music Camp, meets each summer at Olney Friends School in Barnesville, OH
- Camp Onas
- Camp Woodbrooke
- Farm & Wilderness
- Catoctin, Shiloh, Opequon, Teen Adventure, and Teen Adventure Bike, all run by Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
- Camp Quaker Haven, Kansas.
- Ben Lomond Quaker Center, a week-long preteen camp.
- Sierra Friends Camp, in the Sierra Nevada foothills of California.
- Camp NeeKauNis, in Ontario, Canada.
- Camp Dark Waters, New Jersey
- Quaker Haven Camp, Indiana
- investing ethically, ltd
- Creative Investment Research, an investment research and management company.
- Davoll’s General Store, Dartmouth, MA
- Blue Water Property, Rob Patterson’s independent real estate brokerage on the coast of Maine
- The Octavia Hill Association, Inc. is a real estate management and residential multifamily development business.
- Law Offices of Thomas N. Rothschild, Esq., Law, Mediation, and Conflict Resolution.
- Kristina Elaine, Life Coaching for Adults with Asperger’s Syndrome.
- W.W. Lee & Son, Family Insurance
- The Life Altaring Institute
- Forest Echo Farm offers three rental cabins near Ludlow, VT.
- [mailto:] Sandhill Services, for the real property owner
- Smile Herb Shop
- Kingston Friends Mediation, providing mediation services and training in the UK and overseas.
- Sturge Conservation Studio – A specialist conservation and restoration service for historic leather.
- Old Harbor Capital Mgmt, investment management focused on Friends principles.
- Acorn Timber Frames
- Spanish For Social Change, Sara Koopman, Translator (written) and interpreter (oral).
- Anne Henslee, Realtor, Baltimore, MD.
- Baby gear for the last frontier
- Academy for Professional Hypnosis Training, Mary Elizabeth Raines.
- TAMMACHAT Natural Textiles, Alleson Kase
- Newstead On The James, a wedding / event venue in Virginia, Carol Carper Wright.
- The Culture Palette School, peace and understanding through cultural exchange, Mercedes Walker
- The Thrifty Quaker, a charitable thrift store operated by Midlothian Friends Meeting
Quaker links totally (but totally) unrelated to the RSOF
Quaker Oats Gets Its Own Section
Quaker-named sites without a clue
- news:soc.religion.quaker, and
Google Groups Usenet archives.
You can also post at that URL.
FAQ, and an HTML version of same.
- news:bit.listserv.quaker-p — no longer active.
- Mailing lists on quakerlists.org
- Quaker-P-peace-n-justice concerns.
- FCNL-News-FCNL Alerts. Send a message saying “subscribe FCNL-News”.
- [mailto:] Quaker-Spectrum-unmoderated. Send a message saying “subscribe quaker-spectrum”.
- Quaker-B Mailing list.(Britain Yearly Meeting)
This serves (but is not exclusive to) British Friends.
Subscribe to the Quaker-B mailing list go to
- Q-Light A list
for queer (lesbian, gay male, bisexual, transgendered or questioning)
Quakers and interested guests to discuss issues relating to being
queer, being a Friend, and the intersection thereof. Discussion will
be respectful and non homo-/bi-/transphobic.
- Quaker-Roots, a
list for Quaker genealogists. Send a message with “subscribe” in the
body of the message (not the subject line).
- Quaker Family History Society (mail
mode). Send a message with “subscribe” in the body of the message
(not the subject line).
- Friends-Theology This conference
was designed for evangelical, Christ centered Friends to discuss
theology and biblical interpretation with each other. Those
interested in a discussion focusing more on the practical side of
ministry as well as current topics in the Friends church might wish
to subscribe to Friends-Church@XC.org For further questions, please
contact [mailto:] Joe Ginder.
- [mailto:] BYM-News-news for and about
members of Baltimore Yearly Meeting (BYM). Send a message to subscribe.
- “EFM-MEN is the email conference for EFM MEN. EFM MEN was created to
to become involved in the world ministries of the Evangelical Friends
International. Men are
motivated to seek practical and direct involvement, using their skills
and abilities to assist and
support missions. The principal work will be to raise mission awareness
through existing yearly
meeting structures for men, bringing national recognition to mission
efforts arising from those
yearly meetings. This will be done through work crusades, prayer
journeys and innovative
stateside projects.” The list also welcomes interested men who are not
members of EFI
meetings.To subscribe, send the message
- FCUNFCUN was created “for Friends (and friends of Friends) of the
environmental persuasion.” It discusses the Friends Committee in Unity
with Nature (FCUN) and other environmentally-related topics. Begun
July 31, 1997. Visit the FCUN
list‘s web page for more information.
- QVSTCThis is a list to facilitate communication among those interested in
Quaker volunteer service,
training and witness.
To subscribe, send the message
subscribe qvstc Yourfirstname Yourlastname
- Friends Council on EducationThe Friends Council on Education Technology Committee has established
this list of educators
in Friends schools and Friends in non-Friends schools.
To subscribe, send an e-mail message with your name and relation to
- Michigan Quaker TeensWe’re a small group largely based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with
members from all around lower michigan (namely Troy, Kalamazoo, Grand
Rapids, and the Traverse city area). We hold quarterly retreats and we
run a mailing list. To subscribe to the list send an empty message.
- Quaker Books For FriendsQuaker Books for
Friends is distributed free of charge as an independent monthly
newsletter featuring eclectic reviews of books of interest to
Christian Friends. Each issue features two or more contemplative
reviews of books for enlightened Christian readers. The newsletter
has no commercial connection with any bookstore or publisher, and the
mailing list is unpublished and carefully-supervised.
- Young Adult Quakers.
- [mailto:] ERAF — Ending Racism Among FriendsThe ERAF list provides on-line networking for Friends with a
concern for issues of race, diversity, inclusiveness and privilege,
especially as they play out in the Society of Friends. It is one of
several activities to follow up on the April 1999 Friends Gathering
with a Concern for Issues of Racism, Diversity and Inclusiveness.
To subscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
- Canadian Young
Friends — This list is focused on Canadian young and young adult Friends.
We hope to use it to help (A)YFs keep in touch and to provide a way of letting
(A)YFs know about service opportunities, retreats etc.
To subscribe, go to http://quakerlists.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/quaker-cyf. Please
introduce yourself upon subscribing.
- Yahoo Groups for Friends
- Q-trans — Quaker TransPeople – a discussion group to support transsexual and transgender people in the Society of Friends.
for discussion of Monthly Meeting Clerking Issues.
- Google Group for San Francisco Bay Area Quakers
- Russ Nelson
- Ken Sutton, of Friends Journal, Friends Journal pages
- Randy Oftedahl, FCADP pages
- Dick Bellin, FCRP pages
- Simon Grant, FWCC pages
- Chuck Fager, various writings including the Pendle Hill pages
- Chris Faatz, QUF and Lucretia Mott pages
- Reuben Snipper, William Penn House page
- the late David Washburn, Pirates of Penn’s-ance page
- Alice Drewery, YFGM pages
- Jennifer Snow Wolff, Quaker-run business reorganization
- Paul Sladen, for many URL updates.
- …and anyone else I may have missed
suggestions and contributions. Quakerism is a multifarious religion.
Everything on these pages should be considered representative of some
but not all Quaker thought. Quaker.org subdomains are available for meeting-sponsored Quaker activity.